As time goes by, the skin natural defense weakens; signs of aging are showing up and at the mirror we can’t help but noticing the latest wrinkle. This is when we really start to worry about our fading young look and hunt for the newest anti aging product, and as the world has increasingly become more age aware there was no doubt that a new anti aging market was born, in fact there are so many anti aging skin care products that they will probably find you even before you find them. However these products are not a magic potion, but just additional measures against the negative effects of aging process. The most effective way to keep a beautiful looking skin is about discipline and being proactive.
At Glam Magazine we share some celebrities tips:
- Healthy lifestyle choices: Have your 5 a day, possibly raw as they are the best source of fibre, avoid oily and fatty food as they lack in essential nutrients and increase obesity and other diseases which aid the aging process. The key is to maintain a good body metabolism and nothing quite compare to a well balanced diet.
- Say no to stress: This is probably the most effective anti aging skin care measure. Stress affects the body metabolism and accelerates the aging process. Sleep 6 to 8 hours per day, exercise and enjoy a relaxing bath with few drops of essential oils if you want to spoil yourself, these are all good ways to relieve stress.
- Drink plenty of water: skin care can’t be any simpler than this. Not only it will keep your skin hydrated but water help in flushing out the toxins from the body, making it less prone to disease.
- Regular exercise is a wonderful anti aging skin care procedure. Besides toning your muscles, it also helps in cleaning the skin by flushing out the toxins in the form of sweat. A warm shower should follow exercise in order to completely remove the toxins.
- Avoid the use of strong, chemical based products on your skin. Natural skin care products are a good option. Use of organic skin care products (home made or commercial) can be a very effective anti aging skin care measure.
- Read labels: skin care products can be a blessing however, like anything, an inappropriate usage can wreak havoc on your skin and be harmful.
- Do not ignore skin disorders; it can lead to permanent skin damage. When neither beautician nor Gp can help, immediately visit your dermatologist and seek his/her advice.
- Vitamin C based skin care products are very popular means of anti aging skin care. However, these seem to oxidize very quickly (which makes them harmful for the skin). So store them properly. If the product turns yellowish brown, it means that vitamin c has oxidized and the product is no longer suitable for use.
- Protect your skin against UV radiation; UV rays are known to speed up the aging process. Using a good sunscreen lotion should be a part of your daily anti aging skin care routine.
- Do not smoke nor abuse in alcohol: both are notoriously famous to increase the aging process
Above all you should remember that aging is a natural process and there is nothing that can stop it from happening. All these anti aging skin measures can just help in delaying the aging process.
Loving yourself for what you are it will bring that special glow at everybody’s eyes as there is nothing more beautiful than someone who knows how to be comfortable in his/her own skin.